Got Code Foo?
- Fast growing, Sydney based start-up.
- Strong engineering and product culture.
- Competitive salary & generous equity package.
Docs for the web.
At Qwilr, we’re bringing the power of the web to documents. Think web-based documents that are a lot like web apps: functional, beautiful, interactive, connected to a multitude of APIs and have deep analytics. We want to help the world to move from the 1980s “paper” paradigm of documents i.e. Word, Powerpoint & PDF to the web - because the web can do so much more.
We have a great product, many paying customers, and are well funded by some excellent investors. We’ve relatively recently hit our “product / market fit” and are beginning to grow like crazy. So we now need a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
At Qwilr you will develop creative and innovative solutions to novel problems amongst accomplished, interesting and fun peers. We are a small, growing team and you will have a significant impact on the design and development of our product.
- Work hand in hand with the founders to bring new features to life.
- Develop tools and processes to continually improve our team's productivity.
- Share knowledge, teach and learn from colleagues.
As a Senior Engineer You Will Be:
- Implementing complete product features from start to finish.
- Help architect the design of Qwilr's infrastructure systems.
- Help solve the most difficult and complex code challenges we face.
- Managing junior engineers to implement world class software.
- Providing mentorship and conceptual guidance to our up-and-coming engineers.
What You'll Need:
- Have a passion for developing creative solutions in a team, and translating abstract concepts into code.
- Eager to take the lead on tough problems from start to finish.
- Demonstrate strong technical design sensibilities across both the top-level view and the devilish details.
- Have a love for wrangling complexity through: abstraction, refactoring and applying well-understood (and sometimes novel) principles and patterns.
- Know how to balance engineering quality with perfection with shipping product on time.
- Are independent, enthusiastic, and keen to lead talented peers in innovation.
- Know in your bones that the web can make documents at 10x more expressive, intelligent and powerful.
- Passion and experience with architecting software solutions for complex problems.
- Experience in leading and / or mentoring other engineers.
A Little More About Us.
Our team has a big design focus, with some serious engineering chops too (with backgrounds at Microsoft, Google, Harvard, Dropbox and more). If you believe that the best way to learn is to be surrounded by excellence, have we got the place for you!
We're based in Ultimo, Sydney, Australia (5 min walk from Central Station).
We don't believe in 9 to 5, nor that you have to be at the office every day (you can work from home as you wish) but we do prefer people who are Sydney based and can come into the office at least two to three days a week. We are very flexible with regards to leave and have ludicrously great company retreats every six months.
We're a company that prides itself on marrying engineering with design.
Does this sound like somewhere you could do your best work?
To apply simply send a brief CV and a short, thoughtful cover letter to the link above.
Qwilr heartily supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability.